Sunday, August 22, 2010

Kayla's Wish Prologue

It was an event few would forget. Selenia had murdered many fairies in an attempt to gain their souls and increase her own magical abilities by drawing energy from them. She was not good at covering her own tracks, and eventually was caught.
The accused fairy was brought before Queen Titania. Her violet eyes shone with defiance."Selenia, you have been accused of treason and murder. You have killed three fairies, including my husband and my sister." said the queen.
Selenia spat on the ground. "I should be queen. That is part of the reason I did what I did. Your sister and your husband got in my way. Be glad I at least spared your neice. But you'll have that unfortunate stain of her birth still on your family. She is half-human, after all."
"Your acceptance of your guilt will not make this easier." Titania said.
"I was not expecting it to. Can we just skip to the part where you tell me my punishment?" Selenia blew a tuft of her black hair from her face.
Titania nodded to two guards. "Very well." The guards fitted Selenia's arm with cuffs that had a spell cast on them that resisted magic. She would still be able to move, but unable to cast spells without removing them first. They then forced a foul-smelling liquid down her throat.
"Selenia, when you approached the Age of Turning, you were given a potion that stopped your aging. Did you not think we had an antidote?" Titania said.
Selenia swallowed the potion with no resistance."You now have only forty years to live. Now, for the second part of your punishment, you will be forced to wear those restraints for the remainder of your life. You will not have the pleasure of drawing magic from nature. Finally, you shall be exiled from our domain."Selenia was led away, screaming insults and pleading for mercy.
"You've ruined your chances for that, I am afraid." Titania said sternly.
"You do realize she will be taking the child along." said a fairy named Golda. "I do not know what part that innocent child may be forced to play." said Titania. "We shall have to wait and see."

No comments:

Post a Comment