Friday, November 5, 2010

Kayla's Wish Chapter IV: Kayla Meets Mutia

Torla gave Kayla a hand. "I know someone who makes good clothes. She also happens to be my sister. It'll only take a few minutes to get there."Kayla just stood there sheepishly. She didn't like being naked among strangers."Look, don't worry about being naked. A lot of us fairies don't wear much anyway."
As they walked Kayla looked around timidly. That was when she noticed what Torla meant. Many of them were wearing what looked like nightclothes, and some of them were almost transparent.
Moments later, they were at Torla's house, where she lived with her sister. A green-haired fairy greeted them.
"Mutia, this is our new houseguest."
Mutia waved hello.
"She also needs new clothes. She used to be human, but Titania took pity on her." Torla explained.
Mutia nodded and made gestures.
"What's all that about?" Kayla asked.
"She can't talk. And do you know why? Because your guardian, Selenia, took out her vocal cords when she caught Mutia spying. Now she only uses her hands to talk instead. SHe just said she'll start making your clothes." Torla said cruelly.
Mutia made more gestures." She doesn't deserve kindness, Mutia." said Torla. "For all we know, she maybe working for Selenia."
Kayla had had enough. "Stop that! Do you realize how she treats me? It's a wonder I'm still alive. She doesn't feed me. My clothes are rags. Frankly, I don't even know why she even took me in. Whatever plans she has for me, I want nothing to do with them."
Mutia began taking measurements.
"Sorry, but you're not going to get any sympathy out of me. As far as I'm concerned, you're the enemy."
"What can I do to make you change your mind?"
"For starters, you can get rid of that necklace."
"But that's my mother's soul. It's all I have of her."
"Exactly. You're not letting her rest. She deserves that, at least."
Kayla took off her necklace crossly. "Here. Happy now?"
Torla gave it back to her. "If you're really going to do this, We're going to have to do this publically. Your mother is too important. We'll do that later, maybe after Mutia gets your clothes ready."
Mutia nodded and left them alone. She went straight to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment